Monday, June 14, 2010

Introduction

This is my blog. Many blogs may be like it, but this one is mine.

     After many years of not-so-deep thoughts, musings, ramblings, rants, etc. I feel compelled to record some of it for posterity (or however long the internet exists). I have thought about writing a book, but I asked myself, "who would buy it?" So for now, I am testing the waters with this medium.
     First, a word about the title. "A tsunami of smarmy" is a phrase coined by a very dear friend of mine who, like me, is something of a wordsmith with a rapier-sharp wit. I am admittedly an inveterate smart-ass, and so is my dear friend. Having been accused of being smarmy myself, I felt this phrase deserves to be immortalized. So there you go. In fact, I have encouraged my friend to be a "silent partner" of sorts and to be a generous contributor.
     I will warn you, the postings will likely seem disorganized and excursive. I will endeavor (or "endeavour" if you are from the UK) to cover a broad and varied array of topics. I hope, however, there will be some like-minded people that will share the views contained here and/or have a few laughs along the way. The postings contained herein will cover life, politics, irony, and humorous observations about people, just to name a few. A few thought-provoking rants about what I perceive to be the "dumbing down" of our society will also be included.
     Now, I fully anticipate some readers will not agree with some things posted here, and that is okay.
We are a nation built on many different points of view. But, I ask that you keep an open mind, don't take things personally if you do not agree, and don't be thin-skinned.